|Ma Laughing Out Loud|
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

|Ma Laughing Out Loud|

Counter Strike

PrijemLatest imagesTražiRegistruj sePristupi

Rick Perry continues trek towards 2012 nomination

Ići dole 
AutorPoruka
youshiyinianla

Broj poruka : 1
Datum upisa : 17.12.2010

Rick Perry continues trek towards 2012 nomination Empty
PočaljiNaslov: Rick Perry continues trek towards 2012 nomination   Rick Perry continues trek towards 2012 nomination I_icon_minitimePon Okt 31, 2011 4:35 am

Texas Republican governor Rick Perry continued his trek towards the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, launching a series of media interviews over the weekend in a bid to capture momentum as polls

continue to show his campaign lagging.

Speaking on Fox News, the Texas Republican sought to reassure cheap jerseys Republican voters that he is up to the task of taking on President Obama in the 2012 general election, saying he would seek to draw a sharp divide

between himself and Mr. Obama.

“I’m not worried a bit that I’ll be able to stand on the stage with Barack Obama and draw a very bright line,” Mr. Perry said.

The Texas Republican defended his voluntary flat-tax proposal, cheap soccer jerseysembracing the fact that it could result in trillions of dollars less in revenue than the current tax code.

“There’s nothing wrong with lower revenue,” Mr. Perry said. “I don’t want more revenue in Washington, D.C.’s hands. I want more revenue in the private sector job creators’ hands.”

Speaking on Fox News, Mr. Perry struck a similar tone, custom made jerseyssaying Republican voters would eventually embrace his plan.

“People are just getting their arms around our “Cut and Balance and Grow” plan where we talk about 20 percent flat tax, where we talk about how to cut the spending, how we grow this economy.,” Mr. Perry

said. “I think when Americans take a look at that, they’re going to go — you know what, not only is it a great plan, this fellow has got the record as the governor of Texas for 10 years of doing it.”

The series of media appearances comes as polls continue to mlb jerseys cheap show Mr. Perry floundering. A recent Des Moines Register’s Iowa Poll shows support for Mr. Perry falling below 10 percent. Meanwhile, former

Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney and former businessman Herman Cain continue to lead the field.

Speaking Sunday, Mr. Perry downplayed concerns that recent debate performances would act as an hindrance on his ability to effectively challenge Mr. Obama in the 2012 election.

“We got a great debater, a smooth politician in the Rolato White House right now, that’s not working really good for America,” Mr. Perry said.

The Texas Republican added that he plans to attend a series of upcoming debates, a change in tone from just days earlier when his campaign issued a statement noting Mr. Perry would remain on the campaign trail

during the month of November.

“I readily admit I’m not the best debater in the world<” cheap nfl jerseysMr. Perry joked Sunday. “With as many debate as we got coming up, I may end up being a pretty good debater before it’s all been said and done.”

While Mr. Perry spent much of the weekend in an attempt to ratchet up pressure on his Republican rivals, the Texas Republican remained focus on criticizing the Obama administration.

“From my perspective, he’s lost standing from the standpoint of being a commander-in-chief who has any idea what’s going on in those theaters,” Mr. Perry told Fox News host Chris Wallace. “What’s more,

Obama is creating confusion among U.S. allies with his “wavering or aimless approach to foreign policy.”
Nazad na vrh Ići dole

Rick Perry continues trek towards 2012 nomination
Nazad na vrh 
Strana 1 od 1

Dozvole ovog foruma:Ne možete odgovarati na teme u ovom forumu
|Ma Laughing Out Loud| :: Ma LoL :: Pitanja vezana za Forum i Klan-
Skoči na: